Giles County, Virginia is a small county in the Appalachian Mountains on the border with West Virginia. At one time the frontier, it’s history includes the histories of the many families who traveled through on their way west, and north, and south.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1830 the population of the United States was 12,866,020.
Today in History
1699: Peter the Great ordered Russian New Year changed from September 1st to January 1st
Top Posts & Pages
- Introducing the Updated National Archives Catalog
- Our National History and You
- New Digitization Strategy now available
- Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) and Imgur “Summer of Archives” Collaboration Gets By With a Little Help From NARA
- Relocation of Personnel Records to National Archives at St. Louis