Giles County, Virginia is a small county in the Appalachian Mountains on the border with West Virginia. At one time the frontier, it’s history includes the histories of the many families who traveled through on their way west, and north, and south.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880 the U.S. Census asks if the person had married within the preceding year – that year running from June 1st to May 31st.
Today in History
1152: Frederick Barbarossa elected as Holy Roman Emperor
Top Posts & Pages
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Latin Terms
- World War 2 Casualty Lists
- Medical Terminology
- American Epidemics
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Weymouth to New England. 1635
- Revolutionary War
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Langbaurgh Wapentake)
- 27 June 1890 c. 634 26 Stat. 182