Giles County, Virginia is a small county in the Appalachian Mountains on the border with West Virginia. At one time the frontier, it’s history includes the histories of the many families who traveled through on their way west, and north, and south.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Search This Site
Did you know?
In 1860 the population of the United States was 31,443,321.U.S. Census Bureau
Today In History
Top Posts & Pages
- Medical Terminology
- Capt. William Kidd, Pirate
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- Glossary of Terms
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Military Pensions
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- St. Andrews Galley, Rotterdam to Philadelphia, 1737
- Transported Quakers, 1664 to 1666