Giles County, Virginia is a small county in the Appalachian Mountains on the border with West Virginia. At one time the frontier, it’s history includes the histories of the many families who traveled through on their way west, and north, and south.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1870 the population of the United States was 38,558,371.
Today in History
1863: The Battle of Chattanooga began
Top Posts & Pages
- Glossary of Terms
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Medical Terminology
- Notable Ancestors, Surnames beginning with the letter S
- Walloons and French to Virginia, 1621
- New Jersey (and Pennsylvania) Place Names
- American Epidemics