Giles County, Virginia is a small county in the Appalachian Mountains on the border with West Virginia. At one time the frontier, it’s history includes the histories of the many families who traveled through on their way west, and north, and south.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1850 U.S. Census included the names of everyone in the household for the first time.
Top Posts & Pages
- World War 2 Casualty Lists
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- American Epidemics
- South Carolina Land Grants, 1674 to 1683
- Military Records
- Ancestors of Note
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- US Army and Navy Dead, 15 October 1945