Alabama joined the union as the 22nd state on 14 December 1819. Prior to that time it had been the Alabama Territory (from 15 August 1817) and before that the Mississippi Territory (from 7 April 1798).
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1800 the population of the United States was 5,308,483.
Today in History
No Tips to Display
Top Posts & Pages
- Latin Terms
- Naturalizations, Denizations, and Oaths of Allegiance
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Southold, New York, Freemen
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- American Epidemics
- Transported Quakers, 1664 to 1666
- St. Andrew's Parish, Jamaica Census, 1670