Alabama joined the union as the 22nd state on 14 December 1819. Prior to that time it had been the Alabama Territory (from 15 August 1817) and before that the Mississippi Territory (from 7 April 1798).
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1800 the population of the United States was 5,308,483.
Top Posts & Pages
- American Epidemics
- Relationship Terms
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Priest Planned A "House of Death"
- Jury In Schmidt Case Still Tied Up
- 1873 Yellow Fever Deaths in Memphis, Tennessee
- Medical Terminology
- Officers and Men aboard the Ship Defence, 1776
- Schmidt Jury, After 32 Hours, Dismissed
- 1878 Yellow Fever Deaths in Holly Springs, Mississippi
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment
- Transcriptions Reveal Life in the Trenches
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on May 8, 2019
- Become a Wiki Scholar! Work with records from the National Archives to expand coverage of women’s suffrage in the United States in Wikipedia
- What’s in a Name?