Alabama joined the union as the 22nd state on 14 December 1819. Prior to that time it had been the Alabama Territory (from 15 August 1817) and before that the Mississippi Territory (from 7 April 1798).
Search This Site
Did You Know?
John Westly Ingalls, aged 71, was listed as a prostitute in the 1940 U.S. Census. Luckily for him he was also listed as having another source of income.
Top Posts & Pages
- National Archives and Law Library of Congress Host Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon on Proposed Amendments
- #ElectionCollection Challenge
- National Archives program trains Wikipedians in cultural heritage outreach
- Pokemon Go has come to the FDR Presidential Library and that’s a good thing.
- The Wartime Films Project: Taking a User-Centered Design Approach at NARA