Alabama joined the union as the 22nd state on 14 December 1819. Prior to that time it had been the Alabama Territory (from 15 August 1817) and before that the Mississippi Territory (from 7 April 1798).
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1850 U.S. Census included the names of everyone in the household for the first time.
Today in History
1951: The 22nd Amendment ratified
Top Posts & Pages
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Medical Terminology
- American Epidemics
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- Ancestors of Note
- Military Bounty, Bounty Land and Bounty Land Warrants
- Glossary of Terms
- Transported Quakers, 1664 to 1666