Alabama joined the union as the 22nd state on 14 December 1819. Prior to that time it had been the Alabama Territory (from 15 August 1817) and before that the Mississippi Territory (from 7 April 1798).
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1880 U.S. Census included the relationship of everyone in the household for the first time.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Wartime Films Project: Choosing our User-Centered Design Pilot – A WWI App
- The Making of Women’s Equality Day
- Rebooting the Social Media Strategy for the National Archives
- The Wartime Films Project: Setting Goals and Intended Outcomes for User-Centered Design Pilots
- National Archives at Boston Collaborates to Digitize Over 900 Popular Photos