Alabama joined the union as the 22nd state on 14 December 1819. Prior to that time it had been the Alabama Territory (from 15 August 1817) and before that the Mississippi Territory (from 7 April 1798).
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1810 the population of the United States was 7,239,881.
Top Posts & Pages
- Medical Terminology
- American Epidemics
- Latin Terms
- Moore's Company, Baldwin Infantry, Georgia State Guards
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Old Queries, Part 5
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Langbaurgh Wapentake)
- 1878 Yellow Fever Deaths in Holly Springs, Mississippi
- Philippine Insurrection Casualty Report, 16 October 1901
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?