Arizona joined the union as the 48th state on 14 February 1912. It was ceded by Mexico to the United States by the Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo on 2 February 1848.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
Between 1615 and 1776, English courts sent almost 55,000 convicts to the American colonies.
Top Posts & Pages
- National Archives and Law Library of Congress Host Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon on Proposed Amendments
- #ElectionCollection Challenge
- National Archives program trains Wikipedians in cultural heritage outreach
- Pokemon Go has come to the FDR Presidential Library and that’s a good thing.
- The Wartime Films Project: Taking a User-Centered Design Approach at NARA