Arizona joined the union as the 48th state on 14 February 1912. It was ceded by Mexico to the United States by the Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo on 2 February 1848.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1790 the population of the United States was 3,929,214.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Making of Women’s Equality Day
- Rebooting the Social Media Strategy for the National Archives
- The Wartime Films Project: Setting Goals and Intended Outcomes for User-Centered Design Pilots
- National Archives at Boston Collaborates to Digitize Over 900 Popular Photos
- Sharing historic moments through Google Arts & Culture’s American Democracy Collection