Arizona joined the union as the 48th state on 14 February 1912. It was ceded by Mexico to the United States by the Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo on 2 February 1848.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1880 the population of the United States was 50,155,783.
Today in History
1774: Empress Maria Theresa expelled Jews from Prague, Bohemia and Moravia
Top Posts & Pages
- Introducing the Updated National Archives Catalog
- Our National History and You
- New Digitization Strategy now available
- Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) and Imgur “Summer of Archives” Collaboration Gets By With a Little Help From NARA
- Relocation of Personnel Records to National Archives at St. Louis