Arizona joined the union as the 48th state on 14 February 1912. It was ceded by Mexico to the United States by the Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo on 2 February 1848.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1790 the population of the United States was 3,929,214.
Top Posts & Pages
- Glossary of Terms
- Medical Terminology
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- Virginia Loyal Address of the Magistrates and Freeholders of New Kent County, 1701/2
- Ancestors of Note
- Relationship Terms
- Virginia Land Patents, 1703
- NARA’s Record Group Explorer: A New Path into NARA’s Holdings
- Digitized Records in the National Archives Catalog: How Do They Get There?
- New Search Feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment