Arizona joined the union as the 48th state on 14 February 1912. It was ceded by Mexico to the United States by the Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo on 2 February 1848.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1820 the population of the United States was 9,638,453.
Top Posts & Pages
- Genealogical Terminology
- Latin Terms
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Langbaurgh Wapentake)
- Glossary of Terms
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- American Epidemics
- New York
- Naturalizations, Denizations, and Oaths of Allegiance
- St. Katherine's Parish, Jamaica Census, 1670
- An Animated Celebration of NASA’s 60th Anniversary
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment