Arizona joined the union as the 48th state on 14 February 1912. It was ceded by Mexico to the United States by the Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo on 2 February 1848.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880 the U.S. Census asks if the person had married within the preceding year – that year running from June 1st to May 31st.
Top Posts & Pages
- Relationship Terms
- American Epidemics
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Glossary of Terms
- Notable Ancestors, Surnames beginning with the letter M
- Old Time Occupations beginning with the letter C
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1832
- 10th Cavalry, San Juan Hill, July 1898
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment
- Transcriptions Reveal Life in the Trenches
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on May 8, 2019
- Become a Wiki Scholar! Work with records from the National Archives to expand coverage of women’s suffrage in the United States in Wikipedia