Yeoman – A servant, an attendant or subordinate official in a royal household; a subordinate of a sheriff; an independent farmer; a naval rating.
Zambo – A person with one native american and one negro parent.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1850 U.S. Census included the names of everyone in the household for the first time.
Top Posts & Pages
- Relationship Terms
- St. David's Parish, Jamaica Census, 1670
- American Epidemics
- St. Andrew's Parish, Jamaica Census, 1670
- Glossary of Terms
- 1853 Yellow Fever Deaths in LaFourche Parish, Louisiana
- St. Andrews Galley, Rotterdam to Philadelphia, 1737
- Medical Terminology
- Virginia Land Patents, 1703
- NARA’s Record Group Explorer: A New Path into NARA’s Holdings
- Digitized Records in the National Archives Catalog: How Do They Get There?
- New Search Feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment