Yeoman – A servant, an attendant or subordinate official in a royal household; a subordinate of a sheriff; an independent farmer; a naval rating.
Zambo – A person with one native american and one negro parent.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1850 the population of the United States was 23,191,876.
Top Posts & Pages
- American Epidemics
- US Army Deaths Reported on 18 September 1918
- Relationship Terms
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Medical Terminology
- US Army Deaths Reported on 26 September 1918
- South Carolina Land Grants, 1674 to 1683
- US Army Deaths Reported on 14 November 1918
- New York
- US Army Deaths Reported on 9 August 1918
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment
- Transcriptions Reveal Life in the Trenches
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on May 8, 2019
- Become a Wiki Scholar! Work with records from the National Archives to expand coverage of women’s suffrage in the United States in Wikipedia
- What’s in a Name?