War Between the States – U.S. Civil War, 1861-1865.
Ward – the division of a city for election purposes; also the guardian of minor a minor child.
Warranty Deed – Deed in which the seller guarantees a clear title to the buyer.
Will – Document declaring how a person wants his property divided after his death.
Witness – One who is present at a transaction, such as a sale of land or signing of a will, who can testify or affirm that it actually took place.
WPA Historical Records Survey – A program undertaken by the US Government 1935-1936 in which inventories were compiled of historical material.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
Between 1615 and 1776, English courts sent almost 55,000 convicts to the American colonies.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Search Feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment
- Transcriptions Reveal Life in the Trenches
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on May 8, 2019