War Between the States – U.S. Civil War, 1861-1865.
Ward – the division of a city for election purposes; also the guardian of minor a minor child.
Warranty Deed – Deed in which the seller guarantees a clear title to the buyer.
Will – Document declaring how a person wants his property divided after his death.
Witness – One who is present at a transaction, such as a sale of land or signing of a will, who can testify or affirm that it actually took place.
WPA Historical Records Survey – A program undertaken by the US Government 1935-1936 in which inventories were compiled of historical material.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1860 the population of the United States was 31,443,321.
Top Posts & Pages
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Medical Terminology
- Glossary of Terms
- American Epidemics
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1832
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Father Schmidt Master of Crime
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Langbaurgh Wapentake)
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- Georgia State Asylum, 1850