War Between the States – U.S. Civil War, 1861-1865.
Ward – the division of a city for election purposes; also the guardian of minor a minor child.
Warranty Deed – Deed in which the seller guarantees a clear title to the buyer.
Will – Document declaring how a person wants his property divided after his death.
Witness – One who is present at a transaction, such as a sale of land or signing of a will, who can testify or affirm that it actually took place.
WPA Historical Records Survey – A program undertaken by the US Government 1935-1936 in which inventories were compiled of historical material.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
Census takers weren’t always very good at following the directions given.
Top Posts & Pages
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement Available for Public Comment