War Between the States – U.S. Civil War, 1861-1865.
Ward – the division of a city for election purposes; also the guardian of minor a minor child.
Warranty Deed – Deed in which the seller guarantees a clear title to the buyer.
Will – Document declaring how a person wants his property divided after his death.
Witness – One who is present at a transaction, such as a sale of land or signing of a will, who can testify or affirm that it actually took place.
WPA Historical Records Survey – A program undertaken by the US Government 1935-1936 in which inventories were compiled of historical material.
Search This Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Glossary of Terms
- Relationship Terms
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- New York
- South Carolina Land Grants, 1674 to 1683
- Old Time Occupations beginning with the letter C
- Convicts to Virginia, 1633 to 1638
- Old Time Occupations beginning with the letter B