Rector – A clergyman; the ruler or governor of a country.
Relict – Widow; surviving spouse when one has died, husband or wife.
Repository – The place where a source can be found. (i.e.: Library, FHC etc.)
Republic – Government in which supreme authority lies with the people or their elected representatives.
Revolutionary War – U.S. war for independence from Great Britain 1775-1783.
Rod – 5 1/2 yards; 16 1/2 feet; a perch or square perch; a pole.
Rood – 5 1/2 to 8 yards depending upon location; 1/4 of an acre.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1880 U.S. Census included the relationship of everyone in the household for the first time.
Top Posts & Pages
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- American Epidemics
- Medical Terminology
- Glossary of Terms
- US Army Deaths Reported on 26 September 1918
- Relationship Terms
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter A
- 3 March 1855 c. 207 10 Stat. 701