Rector – A clergyman; the ruler or governor of a country.
Relict – Widow; surviving spouse when one has died, husband or wife.
Repository – The place where a source can be found. (i.e.: Library, FHC etc.)
Republic – Government in which supreme authority lies with the people or their elected representatives.
Revolutionary War – U.S. war for independence from Great Britain 1775-1783.
Rod – 5 1/2 yards; 16 1/2 feet; a perch or square perch; a pole.
Rood – 5 1/2 to 8 yards depending upon location; 1/4 of an acre.
Search This Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Glossary of Terms
- South Carolina Land Grants, 1674 to 1683
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- Ancestors of Note
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Notable Ancestors, Surnames beginning with the letter C
- War of 1812
- Relationship Terms
- Land Records
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.