Quadroon – A person with three caucasian and one negro grandparents; 1/4 black.
Quaker – Member of the Religious Society of Friends.
Quitclaim – A deed conveying the claim or title (usually to land) without guarantee of valid title.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1840 the population of the United States was 17,069,453.
Top Posts & Pages
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement Available for Public Comment
- Cultural Institutions Invited to Participate in History Hub