Octaroon – A person with seven caucasian and one negro great grandparents; 1/8 black.
Orphan – Person (usually a child) with one or both parents dead.
Orphan’s Court – Orphans being recognized as wards of the states provisions were made for them in special courts.
Search This Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Glossary of Terms
- Relationship Terms
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- New York
- South Carolina Land Grants, 1674 to 1683
- Old Time Occupations beginning with the letter C
- Convicts to Virginia, 1633 to 1638
- Old Time Occupations beginning with the letter B