Octaroon – A person with seven caucasian and one negro great grandparents; 1/8 black.
Orphan – Person (usually a child) with one or both parents dead.
Orphan’s Court – Orphans being recognized as wards of the states provisions were made for them in special courts.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1830 the population of the United States was 12,866,020.
Top Posts & Pages
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- American Epidemics
- Medical Terminology
- Glossary of Terms
- US Army Deaths Reported on 26 September 1918
- Relationship Terms
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter A
- Transported Quakers, 1664 to 1666