Namesake – Person named after another person.
Necrology – Listing or record of persons who have died recently.
Nee – Born. Used to denote a woman’s maiden name.
Nephew – Son of one’s brother or sister.
Niece – Daughter of one’s brother or sister.
Noncupative Will – One declared or dictated by the testator, usually for persons in last sickness, sudden illness, or military.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
John Westly Ingalls, aged 71, was listed as a prostitute in the 1940 U.S. Census. Luckily for him he was also listed as having another source of income.
Top Posts & Pages
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Medical Terminology
- Glossary of Terms
- American Epidemics
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1832
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Father Schmidt Master of Crime
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Langbaurgh Wapentake)
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- Georgia State Asylum, 1850