Namesake – Person named after another person.
Necrology – Listing or record of persons who have died recently.
Nee – Born. Used to denote a woman’s maiden name.
Nephew – Son of one’s brother or sister.
Niece – Daughter of one’s brother or sister.
Noncupative Will – One declared or dictated by the testator, usually for persons in last sickness, sudden illness, or military.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1870 the population of the United States was 38,558,371.
Top Posts & Pages
- NARA’s Record Group Explorer: A New Path into NARA’s Holdings
- Digitized Records in the National Archives Catalog: How Do They Get There?
- New Search Feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment