Namesake – Person named after another person.
Necrology – Listing or record of persons who have died recently.
Nee – Born. Used to denote a woman’s maiden name.
Nephew – Son of one’s brother or sister.
Niece – Daughter of one’s brother or sister.
Noncupative Will – One declared or dictated by the testator, usually for persons in last sickness, sudden illness, or military.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1840 the population of the United States was 17,069,453.
Top Posts & Pages
- American Epidemics
- Latin Terms
- Flushing, New York, 1698
- South Carolina Land Grants, 1674 to 1683
- Weymouth to New England. 1635
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Birdforth and Allertonshire Wapentakes)
- Ship Defence, London to Boston 1635
- Transported Quakers, 1664 to 1666
- Medical Terminology
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?