Emigrant – A person leaving a country and moving (permanently) to another.
Enfeoff – To grant property in fee simple; as in a deed the seller “does grant, bargain, sell, alien, enfeoff, release, and confirm unto [the buyer]” certain property.
Enumeration – Listing or counting , such as a census.
Epitaph – An inscription on or at a tomb or grave in memory of the one buried there.
Escheat – The reversion of property to the state when there are no qualified heirs.
Estate – All property and debts belonging to a person.
Et Al – Latin for “and others”
Et Ux – Latin for “and wife”
Et Uxor – And his wife. Sometimes written simply Et Ux.
Executor – One appointed in a will to carry out its provisions.
Executrix – Feminine form of Executor.
Search This Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Glossary of Terms
- Relationship Terms
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- New York
- South Carolina Land Grants, 1674 to 1683
- Old Time Occupations beginning with the letter C
- Convicts to Virginia, 1633 to 1638
- Old Time Occupations beginning with the letter B