Emigrant – A person leaving a country and moving (permanently) to another.
Enfeoff – To grant property in fee simple; as in a deed the seller “does grant, bargain, sell, alien, enfeoff, release, and confirm unto [the buyer]” certain property.
Enumeration – Listing or counting , such as a census.
Epitaph – An inscription on or at a tomb or grave in memory of the one buried there.
Escheat – The reversion of property to the state when there are no qualified heirs.
Estate – All property and debts belonging to a person.
Et Al – Latin for “and others”
Et Ux – Latin for “and wife”
Et Uxor – And his wife. Sometimes written simply Et Ux.
Executor – One appointed in a will to carry out its provisions.
Executrix – Feminine form of Executor.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
If you don’t find your ancestor in the index, it doesn’t mean your ancestor isn’t in the record.
Top Posts & Pages
- Join us for an Hispanic Heritage Month Edit-a-thon on October 11, 2017
- How Museums and Institutions Can Use Remembering WWI, featuring the Columbus Museum
- Tips for Social Media Success
- How to participate in the US National Archives’ Remembering WWI: A Guide for Local Institutions
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement for Public Comment