vel (vel…vel) – or (either….or)
vespere – in the evening
vetus, veteris – old
victricus – stepfather
viduus/vidua – widower/widow
videlicet (viz.) – namely
vir – man, male
virgo – virgin, female, girl
virtuosus/a/um – honorable
vita – life
vita cessit – he/she departed from life, died
vulgo – commonly, generally
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1850 the population of the United States was 23,191,876.
Top Posts & Pages
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement Available for Public Comment
- Cultural Institutions Invited to Participate in History Hub