ubi – where
ultimo, ult. – of the preceeding month
ultimus/a/um – last
unigena – only begotten daughter
unigentius – only begotten son
urbs – city
ut – as, so that, in order that
ut infra – as below
ut supra – as above
uxor – wife
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1790 the population of the United States was 3,929,214.
Top Posts & Pages
- Latin Terms
- American Epidemics
- Walloons and French to Virginia, 1621
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Birdforth and Allertonshire Wapentakes)
- Criminal Pardons, 1770
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- St. Andrews Galley, Rotterdam to Philadelphia, 1737
- Wedding Wednesday - The Many Wives of John Ochs
- City Point - Depot Field Hospital
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?