relictus/a – widower/ widow
renatus/a – reborn, baptized
requiescat in pace – may he/she rest in peace
ritus – rite
de ritu sanctae matris ecclesiae – according to the rite of the holy mother church
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1880 U.S. Census included the relationship of everyone in the household for the first time.
Top Posts & Pages
- American Epidemics
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- New York Oaths of Allegiance, Bushwick, Kings County, 1687
- New York
- Glossary of Terms
- (NY) Dutch Petitions to the King, 1668-1669
- Medical Terminology
- Muster Roll of the Company at the Esopus, 1660
- Wedding Wednesday - Colorado's First Same Sex Marriage?