relictus/a – widower/ widow
renatus/a – reborn, baptized
requiescat in pace – may he/she rest in peace
ritus – rite
de ritu sanctae matris ecclesiae – according to the rite of the holy mother church
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1850 U.S. Census included the names of everyone in the household for the first time.
Top Posts & Pages
- Cultural Institutions Invited to Participate in History Hub
- Join us for an Hispanic Heritage Month Edit-a-thon on October 11, 2017
- How Museums and Institutions Can Use Remembering WWI, featuring the Columbus Museum
- Tips for Social Media Success
- How to participate in the US National Archives’ Remembering WWI: A Guide for Local Institutions