relictus/a – widower/ widow
renatus/a – reborn, baptized
requiescat in pace – may he/she rest in peace
ritus – rite
de ritu sanctae matris ecclesiae – according to the rite of the holy mother church
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1820 the population of the United States was 9,638,453.
Top Posts & Pages
- American Epidemics
- Latin Terms
- Flushing, New York, 1698
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- South Carolina Land Grants, 1674 to 1683
- Weymouth to New England. 1635
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Birdforth and Allertonshire Wapentakes)
- Ship Defence, London to Boston 1635
- Medical Terminology
- Transported Quakers, 1664 to 1666
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?