lavare – to wash, to baptize
lautus/a est – he/she was baptized
levantes – godparents
levir – husband’s brother
liber, libri – book, books
liber baptizatorum – baptismal register
liber defunctorum – death register
liber matrimoniorm – marriage register
ligatus/a est – he/she was joined or married
locus – place
locus sigilli – where a persons seal is placed (on a document)
Search This Site
Did You Know?
If you don’t find your ancestor in the index, it doesn’t mean your ancestor isn’t in the record.
Top Posts & Pages
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?