ibidem (ibid.) – in the same place
idem, eadem, iden – the same
ignotus/a – unknown
ille, illa illud – that
ilius – of that
illegitimus – illegitimate
impedimentum – impediment or hindrance (as to a marriage)
impedimentum consanguinitas – impediment of too close a blood relationship (2nd cousin or closer)
nulloque detecto impedimento matrimonio – and no marital impediment having been uncovered
imponere – to place upon, to impose
impositus/a/um – imposed, placed upon, given
cui impositum est nomen – to whom was given the name
infans – infant
instant, inst. – of the current month
inuptus/a – unmarried
infra – below, later
infrascriptus – written below
intra – within
ipse/a/um – himself/herself/itself
ita – thus, so
item – also, likewise
Search This Site
Did You Know?
John Westly Ingalls, aged 71, was listed as a prostitute in the 1940 U.S. Census. Luckily for him he was also listed as having another source of income.
Top Posts & Pages
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement Available for Public Comment
- Cultural Institutions Invited to Participate in History Hub