habere – to have, to hold
habitare – to reside
habitans – resident (adj.)
habitantes – residents
hebdomada – a week
heri – yesterday
hic, haec, hoc – this
hoc die/mense/anno – on this day/month/year
huius – of this
humatio – burial
homo – man, human being
humatus/a – he/she was buried
Search This Site
Did You Know?
If you don’t find your ancestor in the index, it doesn’t mean your ancestor isn’t in the record.
Top Posts & Pages
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?