feme covert – married woman
feme sole – unmarried woman
femina – woman
filia – daughter
filia fratris/sororis – niece, daugher of brother/sister
filius – son
filius fratris/sororis – nephew, son of brother/sister
frater – brother
frater ex materno latere – half-brother common mother
frater ex paterno latere – half-brother common father
frater germanus – twin brother
frater naturalis – brother
fuit – he/she/it was
fuerunt – they were
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1870 the population of the United States was 38,558,371.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement Available for Public Comment
- Cultural Institutions Invited to Participate in History Hub
- Join us for an Hispanic Heritage Month Edit-a-thon on October 11, 2017
- How Museums and Institutions Can Use Remembering WWI, featuring the Columbus Museum