caelebs – single, unmarried (man)
capellanus – chaplain
cognati – maternal relations
cognomen – surname
commater – godmother
comparere – to appear
comparuit pro me – he/she appeared before me
compater – godfather
conceptus/a/um – conceived
concepta est – she was pregnant
coniunx (coniux) – husband or wife
coniuges (pl.) – married couple
consanguinitas – blood relationship (if too close, an impediment to marriage)
consobrinus/a – cousin on the mother’s side
contrahere – to contract, to draw together
matrimonium contraxerunt – they contracted marriage
coparcener – co-heir
copulatio – marriage
copulatus/a – married man/woman
copulatus/a est – he/she was married
coram – in the presence of
corpus – body
cum – with
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1790 the population of the United States was 3,929,214.
Top Posts & Pages
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement Available for Public Comment
- Cultural Institutions Invited to Participate in History Hub