Water on brain – Enlarged head.
White swelling – Tuberculosis of the bone.
Winter fever – Pneumonia.
Womb fever – Infection of the uterus.
Worm fit – Convulsions associated with teething, worms, elevated temperature or diarrhea.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1800 the population of the United States was 5,308,483.
Top Posts & Pages
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1832
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Glossary of Terms
- Ship Defence, London to Boston 1635
- Georgia State Asylum, 1850
- Weymouth to New England. 1635
- American Epidemics
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Birdforth and Allertonshire Wapentakes)