Water on brain – Enlarged head.
White swelling – Tuberculosis of the bone.
Winter fever – Pneumonia.
Womb fever – Infection of the uterus.
Worm fit – Convulsions associated with teething, worms, elevated temperature or diarrhea.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880 the U.S. Census asks if the person had married within the preceding year – that year running from June 1st to May 31st.
Top Posts & Pages
- NARA’s Record Group Explorer: A New Path into NARA’s Holdings
- Digitized Records in the National Archives Catalog: How Do They Get There?
- New Search Feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment