Remitting fever – Malaria.
Rheumatism – Any disorder associated with pain in joints.
Rickets – Disease of skeletal system caused by vitamin D deficiency.
Rose cold – Hay fever or nasal symptoms of an allergy.
Rotanny fever – aka Child’s disease.
Rubeola – German measles.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1840 U.S. Census asked for the names and ages of Revolutionary War or Military pensioners – this included veterans and widows.
Top Posts & Pages
- American Epidemics
- Relationship Terms
- US Army Deaths Reported on 18 September 1918
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Medical Terminology
- US Army Deaths Reported on 26 September 1918
- South Carolina Land Grants, 1674 to 1683
- US Army Deaths Reported on 14 November 1918
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- New York
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment
- Transcriptions Reveal Life in the Trenches
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on May 8, 2019
- Become a Wiki Scholar! Work with records from the National Archives to expand coverage of women’s suffrage in the United States in Wikipedia
- What’s in a Name?