Quinsy – (streptococcal) Tonsillitis; A fever, or a febrile condition. An acute inflammation of the tonsils, often leading to an abscess; peritonsillar abscess. Synonyms: suppurative tonsillitis, cynanche tonsillaris, paristhmitis, sore throat.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
John Westly Ingalls, aged 71, was listed as a prostitute in the 1940 U.S. Census. Luckily for him he was also listed as having another source of income.
Top Posts & Pages
- Latin Terms
- American Epidemics
- Walloons and French to Virginia, 1621
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Birdforth and Allertonshire Wapentakes)
- Criminal Pardons, 1770
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- St. Andrews Galley, Rotterdam to Philadelphia, 1737
- Wedding Wednesday - The Many Wives of John Ochs
- City Point - Depot Field Hospital
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?