Quinsy – (streptococcal) Tonsillitis; A fever, or a febrile condition. An acute inflammation of the tonsils, often leading to an abscess; peritonsillar abscess. Synonyms: suppurative tonsillitis, cynanche tonsillaris, paristhmitis, sore throat.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1810 the population of the United States was 7,239,881.
Top Posts & Pages
- Glossary of Terms
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter S
- New York
- Latin Terms
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- American Epidemics
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter C
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Langbaurgh Wapentake)
- US Army Dead and Liberated Prisoners of War, 20 November 1945
- Tag it! Introducing the National Archives Facebook Chatbot
- An Animated Celebration of NASA’s 60th Anniversary
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!