Oedema – swelling caused by retention of fluid.
Ophthalmia or Ophthalmitis – inflammation of the eye. Conjunctivitis.
Otitis – inflammation of the ear, usually used with the location as in otitis media (an infection of the middle ear).
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1850 U.S. Census included the names of everyone in the household for the first time.
Top Posts & Pages
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1832
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Glossary of Terms
- Ship Defence, London to Boston 1635
- Georgia State Asylum, 1850
- Weymouth to New England. 1635
- American Epidemics
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Birdforth and Allertonshire Wapentakes)