Oedema – swelling caused by retention of fluid.
Ophthalmia or Ophthalmitis – inflammation of the eye. Conjunctivitis.
Otitis – inflammation of the ear, usually used with the location as in otitis media (an infection of the middle ear).
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1870 the population of the United States was 38,558,371.
Top Posts & Pages
- NARA’s Record Group Explorer: A New Path into NARA’s Holdings
- Digitized Records in the National Archives Catalog: How Do They Get There?
- New Search Feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment