Necrosis – Mortification of bones or tissue.
Nephrosis – Kidney degeneration.
Nepritis – Inflammation of kidneys.
Nervous prostration – Extreme exhaustion from inability to control physical and mental activities.
Neuralgia – Sharp and paroxysmal pain along the course of a sensory nerve. There are many causes: anemia, diabetes, gout, malaria, syphilis. Many varieties of neuralgia are distinguished according to the part affected, such as face, arm, leg.
Nostalgia – Homesickness.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880 the U.S. Census asks if the person had married within the preceding year – that year running from June 1st to May 31st.
Top Posts & Pages
- Medical Terminology
- American Epidemics
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1832
- New York
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Miscellaneous Georgia Marriages (A-M)
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter C
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Birdforth and Allertonshire Wapentakes)
- Tag it! Introducing the National Archives Facebook Chatbot
- An Animated Celebration of NASA’s 60th Anniversary
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!