Necrosis – Mortification of bones or tissue.
Nephrosis – Kidney degeneration.
Nepritis – Inflammation of kidneys.
Nervous prostration – Extreme exhaustion from inability to control physical and mental activities.
Neuralgia – Sharp and paroxysmal pain along the course of a sensory nerve. There are many causes: anemia, diabetes, gout, malaria, syphilis. Many varieties of neuralgia are distinguished according to the part affected, such as face, arm, leg.
Nostalgia – Homesickness.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
If you don’t find your ancestor in the index, it doesn’t mean your ancestor isn’t in the record.
Top Posts & Pages
- How Museums and Institutions Can Use Remembering WWI, featuring the Columbus Museum
- Tips for Social Media Success
- How to participate in the US National Archives’ Remembering WWI: A Guide for Local Institutions
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Private Mohammed Kahn: Civil War Soldier