Necrosis – Mortification of bones or tissue.
Nephrosis – Kidney degeneration.
Nepritis – Inflammation of kidneys.
Nervous prostration – Extreme exhaustion from inability to control physical and mental activities.
Neuralgia – Sharp and paroxysmal pain along the course of a sensory nerve. There are many causes: anemia, diabetes, gout, malaria, syphilis. Many varieties of neuralgia are distinguished according to the part affected, such as face, arm, leg.
Nostalgia – Homesickness.
Giles County Menu
Search This Site
Did You Know?
Between 1615 and 1776, English courts sent almost 55,000 convicts to the American colonies.
- NARA’s Record Group Explorer: A New Path into NARA’s Holdings
- Digitized Records in the National Archives Catalog: How Do They Get There?
- New Search Feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment