Necrosis – Mortification of bones or tissue.
Nephrosis – Kidney degeneration.
Nepritis – Inflammation of kidneys.
Nervous prostration – Extreme exhaustion from inability to control physical and mental activities.
Neuralgia – Sharp and paroxysmal pain along the course of a sensory nerve. There are many causes: anemia, diabetes, gout, malaria, syphilis. Many varieties of neuralgia are distinguished according to the part affected, such as face, arm, leg.
Nostalgia – Homesickness.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1790 the population of the United States was 3,929,214.
Top Posts & Pages
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1832
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Glossary of Terms
- Ship Defence, London to Boston 1635
- Georgia State Asylum, 1850
- Weymouth to New England. 1635
- American Epidemics
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Birdforth and Allertonshire Wapentakes)