Necrosis – Mortification of bones or tissue.
Nephrosis – Kidney degeneration.
Nepritis – Inflammation of kidneys.
Nervous prostration – Extreme exhaustion from inability to control physical and mental activities.
Neuralgia – Sharp and paroxysmal pain along the course of a sensory nerve. There are many causes: anemia, diabetes, gout, malaria, syphilis. Many varieties of neuralgia are distinguished according to the part affected, such as face, arm, leg.
Nostalgia – Homesickness.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880 the U.S. Census asks if the person had married within the preceding year – that year running from June 1st to May 31st.
Top Posts & Pages
- American Epidemics
- Relationship Terms
- US Army Deaths Reported on 18 September 1918
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Medical Terminology
- US Army Deaths Reported on 26 September 1918
- South Carolina Land Grants, 1674 to 1683
- New York
- US Army Deaths Reported on 14 November 1918
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment
- Transcriptions Reveal Life in the Trenches
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on May 8, 2019
- Become a Wiki Scholar! Work with records from the National Archives to expand coverage of women’s suffrage in the United States in Wikipedia
- What’s in a Name?