Necrosis – Mortification of bones or tissue.
Nephrosis – Kidney degeneration.
Nepritis – Inflammation of kidneys.
Nervous prostration – Extreme exhaustion from inability to control physical and mental activities.
Neuralgia – Sharp and paroxysmal pain along the course of a sensory nerve. There are many causes: anemia, diabetes, gout, malaria, syphilis. Many varieties of neuralgia are distinguished according to the part affected, such as face, arm, leg.
Nostalgia – Homesickness.
Search This Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Glossary of Terms
- Relationship Terms
- Latin Terms
- Medical Terminology
- Old Time Occupations beginning with the letter C
- Jamaica Census, Abstract, 1670
- Slain Girl's Leg Found in Ocean at Keansburg, N. J.
- Clarendon Parish, Jamaica Census, 1670