Lagrippe – Influenza.
Lockjaw – Tetanus, an infectious disease affecting the muscles of the neck and jaw in which the jaw beomes firmlt locked. Untreated, it is fatal in 8 days. Synonyms: trismus, tetanus.
Lues disease – Syphilis.
Lues venera – Venereal disease; sexually transmitted disease (STD).
Lumbago – Back pain.
Lung fever – Pneumonia.
Lung sickness – Tuberculosis.
Lying in – Time of delivery of infant.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1880 U.S. Census included the relationship of everyone in the household for the first time.
Top Posts & Pages
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1832
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Glossary of Terms
- Ship Defence, London to Boston 1635
- Georgia State Asylum, 1850
- Weymouth to New England. 1635
- American Epidemics
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Birdforth and Allertonshire Wapentakes)