Lagrippe – Influenza.
Lockjaw – Tetanus, an infectious disease affecting the muscles of the neck and jaw in which the jaw beomes firmlt locked. Untreated, it is fatal in 8 days. Synonyms: trismus, tetanus.
Lues disease – Syphilis.
Lues venera – Venereal disease; sexually transmitted disease (STD).
Lumbago – Back pain.
Lung fever – Pneumonia.
Lung sickness – Tuberculosis.
Lying in – Time of delivery of infant.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1850 the population of the United States was 23,191,876.
Top Posts & Pages
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?