Lagrippe – Influenza.
Lockjaw – Tetanus, an infectious disease affecting the muscles of the neck and jaw in which the jaw beomes firmlt locked. Untreated, it is fatal in 8 days. Synonyms: trismus, tetanus.
Lues disease – Syphilis.
Lues venera – Venereal disease; sexually transmitted disease (STD).
Lumbago – Back pain.
Lung fever – Pneumonia.
Lung sickness – Tuberculosis.
Lying in – Time of delivery of infant.
Search This Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Glossary of Terms
- Relationship Terms
- Latin Terms
- Medical Terminology
- Old Time Occupations beginning with the letter C
- Jamaica Census, Abstract, 1670
- Slain Girl's Leg Found in Ocean at Keansburg, N. J.
- Clarendon Parish, Jamaica Census, 1670