Lagrippe – Influenza.
Lockjaw – Tetanus, an infectious disease affecting the muscles of the neck and jaw in which the jaw beomes firmlt locked. Untreated, it is fatal in 8 days. Synonyms: trismus, tetanus.
Lues disease – Syphilis.
Lues venera – Venereal disease; sexually transmitted disease (STD).
Lumbago – Back pain.
Lung fever – Pneumonia.
Lung sickness – Tuberculosis.
Lying in – Time of delivery of infant.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1790 the population of the United States was 3,929,214.
Top Posts & Pages
- NARA’s Record Group Explorer: A New Path into NARA’s Holdings
- Digitized Records in the National Archives Catalog: How Do They Get There?
- New Search Feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment