Lagrippe – Influenza.
Lockjaw – Tetanus, an infectious disease affecting the muscles of the neck and jaw in which the jaw beomes firmlt locked. Untreated, it is fatal in 8 days. Synonyms: trismus, tetanus.
Lues disease – Syphilis.
Lues venera – Venereal disease; sexually transmitted disease (STD).
Lumbago – Back pain.
Lung fever – Pneumonia.
Lung sickness – Tuberculosis.
Lying in – Time of delivery of infant.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1830 the population of the United States was 12,866,020.
Top Posts & Pages
- How Museums and Institutions Can Use Remembering WWI, featuring the Columbus Museum
- Tips for Social Media Success
- How to participate in the US National Archives’ Remembering WWI: A Guide for Local Institutions
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Private Mohammed Kahn: Civil War Soldier