Kidney Stone – see gravel.
King’s evil – A popular name for scrofula. The name originated in the time of Edward the Confessor, with the belief that the disease could be cured by the touch of the king of England. Tuberculosis of neck and lymph glands.
Kruchhusten – Whooping cough.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1840 the population of the United States was 17,069,453.
Top Posts & Pages
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- Glossary of Terms
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1832
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Ship Defence, London to Boston 1635
- Georgia State Asylum, 1850
- American Epidemics
- Weymouth to New England. 1635
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Birdforth and Allertonshire Wapentakes)