Kidney Stone – see gravel.
King’s evil – A popular name for scrofula. The name originated in the time of Edward the Confessor, with the belief that the disease could be cured by the touch of the king of England. Tuberculosis of neck and lymph glands.
Kruchhusten – Whooping cough.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
Between 1615 and 1776, English courts sent almost 55,000 convicts to the American colonies.
Top Posts & Pages
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?