Kidney Stone – see gravel.
King’s evil – A popular name for scrofula. The name originated in the time of Edward the Confessor, with the belief that the disease could be cured by the touch of the king of England. Tuberculosis of neck and lymph glands.
Kruchhusten – Whooping cough.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1850 U.S. Census included the names of everyone in the household for the first time.
Top Posts & Pages
- NARA’s Record Group Explorer: A New Path into NARA’s Holdings
- Digitized Records in the National Archives Catalog: How Do They Get There?
- New Search Feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment