Kidney Stone – see gravel.
King’s evil – A popular name for scrofula. The name originated in the time of Edward the Confessor, with the belief that the disease could be cured by the touch of the king of England. Tuberculosis of neck and lymph glands.
Kruchhusten – Whooping cough.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1880 U.S. Census included the relationship of everyone in the household for the first time.
Top Posts & Pages
- Medical Terminology
- American Epidemics
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1832
- New York
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Miscellaneous Georgia Marriages (A-M)
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter C
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Birdforth and Allertonshire Wapentakes)
- Tag it! Introducing the National Archives Facebook Chatbot
- An Animated Celebration of NASA’s 60th Anniversary
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!