Kidney Stone – see gravel.
King’s evil – A popular name for scrofula. The name originated in the time of Edward the Confessor, with the belief that the disease could be cured by the touch of the king of England. Tuberculosis of neck and lymph glands.
Kruchhusten – Whooping cough.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1840 the population of the United States was 17,069,453.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement Available for Public Comment
- Cultural Institutions Invited to Participate in History Hub
- Join us for an Hispanic Heritage Month Edit-a-thon on October 11, 2017
- How Museums and Institutions Can Use Remembering WWI, featuring the Columbus Museum