<b>Bad Blood</b> – Syphilis.
<b>Bilious fever</b> – A term loosely applied to certain enteric (intestinal) and malarial fevers; Typhoid, malaria, hepatitis or elevated temperature and bile emesis /fever due to a liver disorder, See typhus.
<b>Biliousness</b> – Jaundice associated with liver disease; A complex of symptoms comprising nausea, abdominal discomfort, headache, and constipation; formerly attributed to excessive secretion of bile from the liver.
<b>Black plague/death</b> – Bubonic plague.
<b>Black fever</b> – Acute infection with high temperature and dark red skin lesions and high mortality rate.
<b>Black pox</b> – Black Small pox.
<b>Black vomit</b> – Vomiting old (black) blood due to ulcers or yellow fever.
<b>Blackwater fever</b> – Dark urine associated with high temperature.
<b>Bladder in throat</b> – Diphtheria.
<b>Blood poisoning</b> – Bacterial infection; septicemia.
<b>Bloody flux</b> – Bloody stools; dysentry.
<b>Bloody sweat</b> – Sweating sickness.
<b>Boil</b> – An abscess of skin or painful, circumscribed inflammation of the skin or a hair follicle, having a dead, pus-forming inner core, usually caused by a staphylococcal infection. Synonym: furuncle.
<b>Bone shave</b> – Sciatica.
<b>Brain fever</b> – see meningitis, typhus.
<b>Breakbone</b> – Dengue fever.
<b>Bright’s disease</b> – Chronic inflammatory disease of kidneys; kiddney disease; glomerulonephritis.
<b>Bronchial asthma</b> – A paroxysmal, often allergic disorder of breathing, characterized by spasm of the bronchial tubes of the lungs, wheezing, and difficulty in breathing air outward, often accompanied by coughing and a feeling of tightness in the chest.
<b>Bronze John</b> – Yellow fever.
<b>Brucellosis</b> – bacterial disease, especially of cattle, causing undulant fever in humans.
<b>Bule</b> – Boil, tumor or swelling.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
Why waste your money looking up your family tree? Just go into politics and your opponents will do it for you.
Top Posts & Pages
- American Epidemics
- Relationship Terms
- US Army Deaths Reported on 18 September 1918
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Medical Terminology
- US Army Deaths Reported on 26 September 1918
- South Carolina Land Grants, 1674 to 1683
- New York
- US Army Deaths Reported on 14 November 1918
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment
- Transcriptions Reveal Life in the Trenches
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on May 8, 2019
- Become a Wiki Scholar! Work with records from the National Archives to expand coverage of women’s suffrage in the United States in Wikipedia
- What’s in a Name?