na – not applicable; not attending meeting (Quaker)
NAT – North African Theater (military)
NATO – North African Theater of Operations (military, WW2)
NCWA – National Civil War Association (USA)
nd – no date, not dated
neg att – neglecting attendance (Quaker)
NEHGS – New England Historic Genealogical Society
nfr – no further record
NFMP – National Fraternity of Military Pilots
NGS – National Genealogical Society (USA)
NGSQ – National Genealogical Society Quarterly
nm – never married
nmn – no middle name
NOB – Naval Order of Battle
NOK – Next of Kin (military)
np – no page (or publisher) given
n.pub. – no publisher given
NR – not reported (Census Soundex)
NSDAR – National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
NSSDP – National Society Sons and Daughters of the Pilgrims
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880 the U.S. Census asks if the person had married within the preceding year – that year running from June 1st to May 31st.
Top Posts & Pages
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement Available for Public Comment
- Cultural Institutions Invited to Participate in History Hub