m. – married; month
m1, m (1) – married first
m2, m (2) – married second etc.
M – male
mbr – member
mbrp – membership
mcd – married contrary to Discipline (Quaker)
MCD – minor civil division (Census Soundex)
MG – Minister of the Gospel
MH – meeting house
mi – miles
MIA – Missing in Action (military)
m-i-l – mother in law
MM – monthly meeting
MOLLUS – Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States
MOPH – Military Order of the Purple Heart
mos. – months; married out of society (Quaker)
mou – married out of unity (Quaker)
MOWW – Military Order of World Wars
Mr. – Mister, a title of respect
mnth – month
mt – married to
mtg – meeting
Mu – mulatto, person with one Caucasian and one Negro parent
mvd – moved
MWA – Modern Woodmen of America
Search This Site
Did You Know?
Why waste your money looking up your family tree? Just go into politics and your opponents will do it for you.
Top Posts & Pages
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?