LCBA – Loyal Christian Benefit Association
LDS – Church of Jesus of Latter Day Saints, Mormon Church
LGAR – Ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic
liv – living, lived
LOI – The Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland
LOOM – Loyal Order Of Moose
LS – locus sigilli (Latin), where a seal is placed
ltm – liberated to marry
lvd – lived
lvg – living
LWA – Lightly Wounded in Action (military)
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1880 U.S. Census included the relationship of everyone in the household for the first time.
Top Posts & Pages
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement Available for Public Comment
- Cultural Institutions Invited to Participate in History Hub
- Join us for an Hispanic Heritage Month Edit-a-thon on October 11, 2017
- How Museums and Institutions Can Use Remembering WWI, featuring the Columbus Museum