LCBA – Loyal Christian Benefit Association
LDS – Church of Jesus of Latter Day Saints, Mormon Church
LGAR – Ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic
liv – living, lived
LOI – The Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland
LOOM – Loyal Order Of Moose
LS – locus sigilli (Latin), where a seal is placed
ltm – liberated to marry
lvd – lived
lvg – living
LWA – Lightly Wounded in Action (military)
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1820 the population of the United States was 9,638,453.
Top Posts & Pages
- Medical Terminology
- Genealogical Terminology
- Glossary of Terms
- American Epidemics
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Relationship Terms
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter A
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter C
- US Army Casualties Reported on 10 March 1918
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?