LCBA – Loyal Christian Benefit Association
LDS – Church of Jesus of Latter Day Saints, Mormon Church
LGAR – Ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic
liv – living, lived
LOI – The Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland
LOOM – Loyal Order Of Moose
LS – locus sigilli (Latin), where a seal is placed
ltm – liberated to marry
lvd – lived
lvg – living
LWA – Lightly Wounded in Action (military)
Search This Site
Did You Know?
Census takers weren’t always very good at following the directions given.
Top Posts & Pages
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement Available for Public Comment
- Cultural Institutions Invited to Participate in History Hub