Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880 the U.S. Census asks if the person had married within the preceding year – that year running from June 1st to May 31st.
Top Posts & Pages
- Genealogical Terminology
- American Epidemics
- Glossary of Terms
- Jamaica Census, Abstract, 1670
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Ohio Company Stockholders, 1796
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Birdforth and Allertonshire Wapentakes)
- Southold, New York, Freemen, 1698
- Yorkshire Convicted Papists, 1716 (Langbaurgh Wapentake)
- Tag it! Introducing the National Archives Facebook Chatbot
- An Animated Celebration of NASA’s 60th Anniversary
- Innovation Hub Celebrates 300,000th Page Uploaded to Catalog
- One Click or Less: Redesigning the National Archives Museum Website to Better Meet Visitor Needs
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!