The Seminole Wars were a series of three conflicts fought in Florida. The First Seminole War was from 1817 to 1818, though some consider it to have begun in 1814. The Second Seminole War was from 1835 to 1842. The Third Seminole War was from 1855 to 1858.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
John Westly Ingalls, aged 71, was listed as a prostitute in the 1940 U.S. Census. Luckily for him he was also listed as having another source of income.
Top Posts & Pages
- How Museums and Institutions Can Use Remembering WWI, featuring the Columbus Museum
- Tips for Social Media Success
- How to participate in the US National Archives’ Remembering WWI: A Guide for Local Institutions
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Private Mohammed Kahn: Civil War Soldier