The Creek War began as a civil war within the Creek nation and is sometimes called the Red Stick War. It was fought from 1813 to 1814 and resulted in a large area of Creek lands being ceded to the United States at the Treaty of Fort Jackson on 9 August 1914.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
The 1850 U.S. Census included the names of everyone in the household for the first time.
Top Posts & Pages
- Cultural Institutions Invited to Participate in History Hub
- Join us for an Hispanic Heritage Month Edit-a-thon on October 11, 2017
- How Museums and Institutions Can Use Remembering WWI, featuring the Columbus Museum
- Tips for Social Media Success
- How to participate in the US National Archives’ Remembering WWI: A Guide for Local Institutions