The Creek War began as a civil war within the Creek nation and is sometimes called the Red Stick War. It was fought from 1813 to 1814 and resulted in a large area of Creek lands being ceded to the United States at the Treaty of Fort Jackson on 9 August 1914.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1810 the population of the United States was 7,239,881.
Top Posts & Pages
- Help Contribute by Scanning U.S. Coast Guard Records from the Vietnam War in the Innovation Hub!
- Moon Collectors, LLC Partnership Agreement for Public Comment
- Why do we engage Citizen Archivists?
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) Partnership Agreement Available for Public Comment
- Cultural Institutions Invited to Participate in History Hub