Namesake – Person named after another person.
Necrology – Listing or record of persons who have died recently.
Nee – Born. Used to denote a woman’s maiden name.
Nephew – Son of one’s brother or sister.
Niece – Daughter of one’s brother or sister.
Noncupative Will – One declared or dictated by the testator, usually for persons in last sickness, sudden illness, or military.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1790 the population of the United States was 3,929,214.
Top Posts & Pages
- Medical Terminology
- Relationship Terms
- American Epidemics
- Georgia Land Lottery, 1832
- US Marshals, Arizona Territory, 1864 - 1912
- South Carolina Land Grants, 1674 to 1683
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter C
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter B
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter A
- Weymouth to New England. 1635
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment
- Transcriptions Reveal Life in the Trenches
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on May 8, 2019
- Become a Wiki Scholar! Work with records from the National Archives to expand coverage of women’s suffrage in the United States in Wikipedia