Namesake – Person named after another person.
Necrology – Listing or record of persons who have died recently.
Nee – Born. Used to denote a woman’s maiden name.
Nephew – Son of one’s brother or sister.
Niece – Daughter of one’s brother or sister.
Noncupative Will – One declared or dictated by the testator, usually for persons in last sickness, sudden illness, or military.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1790 the population of the United States was 3,929,214.
Top Posts & Pages
- Latin Terms
- Medical Terminology
- Glossary of Terms
- Genealogical Terminology
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Immigration, Emigration, and Ship's Passenger Lists
- Latin Terms beginning with the letter N
- Weymouth to New England. 1635
- Virginia Land Patents, 1703
- Latin Terms beginning with the letter A