Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880 the U.S. Census asks if the person had married within the preceding year – that year running from June 1st to May 31st.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- American Epidemics
- Relationship Terms
- Glossary of Terms
- History of Giles County, Virginia
- Clarendon Parish, Jamaica Census, 1670
- St. David's Parish, Jamaica Census, 1670
- James E. Bailey - Individual Casualty Questionnaire by Walter Cochran
- 1878 Yellow Fever Deaths in Holly Springs, Mississippi
- NARA’s Record Group Explorer: A New Path into NARA’s Holdings
- Digitized Records in the National Archives Catalog: How Do They Get There?
- New Search Feature: Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment