During World War 2 casualty lists were released by the War Department and the United Stated Navy and reported daily in the newspapers. Unlike the compiled lists published in 1946, “State Summary of War Casualties from World War II for Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Personnel” and “World War II Honor List of Dead and Missing Army and Army Air Forces Personnel,” these daily lists include prisoners of war, both captured and, where applicable, liberated; missing personnel, both missing and safe; wounded men who may have later recovered from their wounds; and mistakes.
- US Army and Navy Dead, Wounded, Missing and Liberated, 12 September 1945
- US Army and Navy Dead, Wounded, Missing, Safe and Liberated, 21 September 1945
- US Army Dead, 31 October 1945
- US Army Dead, 6 November 1945
- US Army Dead and Liberated Prisoners of War, 20 November 1945
- US Army Dead, 6 December 1945
- US Army and Navy Dead, 23 December 1945