Yeoman – A servant, an attendant or subordinate official in a royal household; a subordinate of a sheriff; an independent farmer; a naval rating.
Zambo – A person with one native american and one negro parent.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
Between 1615 and 1776, English courts sent almost 55,000 convicts to the American colonies.
Top Posts & Pages
- American Epidemics
- Medical Terminology
- Weymouth to New England. 1635
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Relationship Terms
- Virginia Loyal Address of the Magistrates and Freeholders of New Kent County, 1701/2
- Casualties at Jenkin's Ferry
- St. Thomas Parish, Jamaica, Census, 1670
- New York
- Hans Schmidt's Friend Gets Seven-Year Term
- Refine Your Search by Record Group or Collection
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment
- Transcriptions Reveal Life in the Trenches
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on May 8, 2019
- Become a Wiki Scholar! Work with records from the National Archives to expand coverage of women’s suffrage in the United States in Wikipedia