War Between the States – U.S. Civil War, 1861-1865.
Ward – the division of a city for election purposes; also the guardian of minor a minor child.
Warranty Deed – Deed in which the seller guarantees a clear title to the buyer.
Will – Document declaring how a person wants his property divided after his death.
Witness – One who is present at a transaction, such as a sale of land or signing of a will, who can testify or affirm that it actually took place.
WPA Historical Records Survey – A program undertaken by the US Government 1935-1936 in which inventories were compiled of historical material.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1810 the population of the United States was 7,239,881.
Top Posts & Pages
- American Epidemics
- Medical Terminology
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Military Pensions
- Schmidt's Fights with Victim Told at Murder Trial
- May Bar Women At Schmidt Trial For Decency Sake
- Flushing, New York, 1698
- Relationship Terms
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter C
- Naturalizations, Denizations, and Oaths of Allegiance