Necrosis – Mortification of bones or tissue.
Nephrosis – Kidney degeneration.
Nepritis – Inflammation of kidneys.
Nervous prostration – Extreme exhaustion from inability to control physical and mental activities.
Neuralgia – Sharp and paroxysmal pain along the course of a sensory nerve. There are many causes: anemia, diabetes, gout, malaria, syphilis. Many varieties of neuralgia are distinguished according to the part affected, such as face, arm, leg.
Nostalgia – Homesickness.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1870 the population of the United States was 38,558,371.
Top Posts & Pages
- American Epidemics
- Relationship Terms
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Priest Planned A "House of Death"
- Jury In Schmidt Case Still Tied Up
- 1873 Yellow Fever Deaths in Memphis, Tennessee
- Medical Terminology
- Officers and Men aboard the Ship Defence, 1776
- Schmidt Jury, After 32 Hours, Dismissed
- 1878 Yellow Fever Deaths in Holly Springs, Mississippi
- John and Charles Gordon, a Father and Son in the 49th U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment
- Transcriptions Reveal Life in the Trenches
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Wikipedia Edit-a-thon on May 8, 2019
- Become a Wiki Scholar! Work with records from the National Archives to expand coverage of women’s suffrage in the United States in Wikipedia
- What’s in a Name?