Necrosis – Mortification of bones or tissue.
Nephrosis – Kidney degeneration.
Nepritis – Inflammation of kidneys.
Nervous prostration – Extreme exhaustion from inability to control physical and mental activities.
Neuralgia – Sharp and paroxysmal pain along the course of a sensory nerve. There are many causes: anemia, diabetes, gout, malaria, syphilis. Many varieties of neuralgia are distinguished according to the part affected, such as face, arm, leg.
Nostalgia – Homesickness.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
In 1830 the population of the United States was 12,866,020.
Top Posts & Pages
- Medical Terminology
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Glossary of Terms
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Latin Terms
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter B
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter A
- New York
- History of Giles County, Virginia
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter G