Jail fever – see typhus.
Jaundice – Yellow discoloration of the skin, whites of the eyes, and mucous membranes, due to an increase of bile pigments in the blood – often symptomatic of certain diseases, such as hepatitis, obstruction of the bile duct, or cancer of the liver; Condition caused by blockage of intestines (common in newborn babies) Synonym: icterus.
Search This Site
Did You Know?
If you don’t find your ancestor in the index, it doesn’t mean your ancestor isn’t in the record.
Top Posts & Pages
- Medical Terminology
- Genealogy Quest - adding ancestors to your family tree
- Glossary of Terms
- Transported Convicts, 1617 to 1669
- Latin Terms
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter B
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter A
- New York
- History of Giles County, Virginia
- Medical Terminology beginning with the letter G